FAQ - Submitting Digitally
Frequently asked questions about how to submit your application digitally:
- What advantage is there in uploading my application versus mailing it?
- What is the Digital Process?
- What file format should I use for my application if I want to upload it?
- How do I name my application file?
- How do I upload my application?
- May I mail my packet in if I choose?
What advantage is there in uploading my application versus mailing it?
Uploading your application packet is fast, reduces copying charges, eliminates mailing costs and allows you to keep a digital copy on your computer for future reference. It also reduces the time and mailing costs to get your packet to the reviewers as this is done in a seamless digital process.
If you would like to download the FAQ with the digital instructions click here. You may wish to print them so they are handy when creating your file and submitting it.
- You create a single .pdf file of your application packet (includes complete application with any required forms)
- You upload the .pdf file that contains your application packet
- The HT Certification Administrator (CA) informs the appropriate reviewers that your packet is ready for review.
- Reviewers go on-line, download and read/print your packet. Only the HT Certification Administrator and the assigned reviewers have password access to your packet.
- Your packet is filed in an offsite, secure, digital format and held for the required period of time.
- The rest of the certification process remains the same as with non-digital packets.
- You may only upload your application packet as a single .pdf file.
- All application requirements and forms must be contained in one .pdf file.
- Multiple .pdf files are not acceptable.
- If a specific form requires a manual signature, you must print the form, sign, scan and include in the correct order in the .pdf file.
- The documents or forms in the .pdf file should be in the same order as the application checklist.
- Use appropriate software, Adobe Acrobat Professional being the most common
- Create on-line through Adobe Create PDF - http://createpdf.adobe.com. They have a free trial and a $9.99 month subscription
- Complete your packet as a Word Document and save as a .pdf file
- Scan your complete document using your printer (if it has scanning capability) or take your complete document to a service such as FedEx Print and Copy
- You can Google “create pdf” to find other services and tips
- Please include the underscore "_" as indicated.
- Application abbreviation could be PC for Practitioner Certification or PR for Practitioner Renewal
- If you are a new applicant, click register (if you are registered you can simply login)
- Choose what packet you will be paying for and uploading
- Fill out the required information
- Click register
- Fill out payment information and submit
- Logout of the website and then log back in. "Doc Exchange" will appear in the top tool bar.
- Click on the "Doc Exchange" tab in the top tool bar
- Click on "Submit File"
- Follow each of the three steps clicking "next" when completed
- Note: Once you click upload in Step 2, wait until the upload is complete, do not click back or leave the website or your file will not be submitted
- A notice will appear that your upload was successful
- If the review team requires any additional information, you can simply log-in and upload what is needed